Sonderhoff, since July 2017 part of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, offers the filter industry individual and highly effective solutions from a single source. The lecture shows the flexibility of liquid sealing technology for filter applications in 5 dimensions:
1. The fully automatic FIP(FG) (Formed-In-Place (Foam Gasket) dosing technology can be very well integrated into the existing automation processes of the filter manufacturers.
2. FIP(FG) is able to process liquid seals in a variety of material variants based on polyurethane, silicone and PVC and to adapt them to the application processes for different filter applications.
3. With the aid of 2 and multi-component mixing and dosing systems, liquid to pasty seal foams as well as unfoamed casting compounds and adhesives are applied directly ("in-place") to the component fully automatically.
4. The liquid seal applied fully automatically with FIP technology offers new freedom in component design. Complex, three-dimensional geometries can thus also be sealed, glued or potted.
5. The material, the mixing and dosing system and the material application process are optimally and individually tailored to the requirements of the filter production processes.
In filter production, liquid sealing technology is used for a wide variety of filter applications. The spectrum ranges from filters for the filtration of water, food and beverages to vacuum cleaner, automotive, medical and air filters in air conditioning systems.
Session: L8 - Short Oral Presentations
Day: 23 October 2019
Time: 14:45 - 16:00 h